Monday 20 February 2012

Real Pâtisserie. Real good.


Yesterday I went to a bread-making workshop at Real Pâtisserie in Kemp Town. What a treat!

We spent 4 hours mixing, kneading, drinking tea, eating croissants, shaping and baking, and I got to go home at the end with a big bag of fresh warm bread.

bread

I ended up with 4 loaves and 2 baguettes in total. Clockwise from top-right: Rye sourdough, 2 sourdough baguettes, 2 sourdough loaves (one with a hat and one with ears) and some soda bread with oatmeal and pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds. Very tasty.

baking
My baguettes got a bit bent on the bus...

I would definitely recommend the workshop (and the bakery in general). I could spend all day in there - both the bread and the tarts are very hard to resist. In fact, I fail to resist about 3 times a week.

C'est très bon et délicieux!

sourdough

2 comments:

sarah said...

Woww, I've been wanting to make bread. These look very pro! Good work deb. xx

Sarah PingsAndNeedles said...

fantastic Debbie! I love their bread ... How did you find out about it? There are no links on their website ...

Really we should meet up for a coffee one day ... I'm only in 7 dials!