Sunday, 20 July 2014
Yesterday I spent the afternoon doing some potato printing.
It has been ages since I've done any printmaking so it was really nice to do some printing with such simple and immediate results.
I used some gold and navy fabric paints, chopped up a couple of potatoes and tried them out on some paper, tote bags and pillowcases.
The navy worked really well on the pillowcases. The gold paint doesn't look that bold from a distance but looks nice up close as it's really sparkly. I think I'll invest in a wider range of colours next time though - it would be good to create something really bright!
Pleasing potato patterns.