Sunday 3 January 2016

hello 2016

Happy new year! I hope you've all enjoyed the festive period and best wishes for 2016!

Yet again, I was a bit under the weather over Christmas which left me feeling a bit unenthusiastic about everything. But I'm feeling much better now and in a positive frame of mind about the year just gone and the year ahead.

2015 was a great year: Ben & I moved into our first home together - we cooked, we gardened, we holidayed and we adopted a cat! Below are some of my personal favourites from Instagram which sum up the past year...


And now to 2016. I didn't really make any resolutions last year, but I've got a few in mind for this year. Hopefully all very achievable....

Be nicer - be kind
I think it's always good to keep this as a conscious thought - to help be more generous and selfless.

Connect more with friends and family
I've really loved spending time in our new house, so I spent a lot of time at home in 2015. That in itself is no bad thing, but I want to make the effort to keep in touch and see friends and family more often this year. 

Reply to messages and emails sooner
This is one that has come up in my new years resolutions before. I often find myself receiving a message or an email and thinking "I'll respond to that when I have a moment to reply properly." Then it slips my mind and I don't reply for ages. I must do better!

Go on the London Eye
It's been there 16 years now and I must be one of the only people not to go on it! This year is the year.

Eat a pickled egg
Always good to have an eating challenge to tick off the list. I think Ben's going to try jellied eels!

Draw more
No specific challenge here. Just to try and find the time to draw a bit more often.

And that's it!
Good luck with your resolutions if you have any, and have a brilliant year!

4 comments:

dropstitch said...

Happy new year, Debbie! x

Hazeltwig said...

Just found your Shopping List blog. Most intrigued as I have been collecting Shopping Lists since hearing a play on Radio 4 about a women who went off the rails after a child died. She would only allow herself to buy whatever was on the shopping list she picked up. I thought I might be able to incorporate the lists into some textile art. Nice pile of lists, but no progress on making anything with them!!

d e b b i e said...

Happy new year to you too Laura! I hope it's a good one. I'm already inspired by your January crafting! x

d e b b i e said...

Thanks Hazel! That radio play sounds interesting - and it's always nice to hear from a fellow shopping list collector. Would love to see any pieces you create with them! x