Wednesday 12 March 2008

bits & pieces

I feel I haven't been very wordy of late and am going to try and write more on my blog from now on, as well as posting images.
I've got some bits & bobs to share today - firstly, is this new magazine I've subscribed to:


It's called okido and is aimed at children aged 2-7 which means it has some really lovely illustrations within it. I thought it would inspire me as I'm interested in creating an illustrated childrens book as part of my MA course.
Here are some sneak peeks of what is inside issue 3:



Some other things i'd like to share:

• a swedish horse magnet from the lovely rachel.
• some crochet i'm working on
• a nice toy tin pecking bird I picked up at the museum of childhood when I took a trip to london the other week.


I'd definitely recommend a visit to the museum of childhood if you're ever in the bethnal green area. It's FULL of amazing vintage toys (as well as more modern creations) and the gift shop is also pretty special.
While I was in london I also visited the V&A where they had an exhibiton entitled 'Out of the Ordinary: Spectacular Craft'.


There was some great work there and I particularly liked the installation piece by Anne Wilson which was created using hundreds of pieces of lace and crocheted thread, all very intricate and tiny.


It was definitely worth a peek.

x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

think you have to be there in person to feel and see the texture to appriciate the beauty of it really.....