Monday 16 June 2014

blog hop

bloghop

My good pal Lucy tagged me in a little blog hop scheme last Monday. The aim is to share some of your favourite blogs and create a little hopping journey from site to site.

Do hop back to Lucy's blog and check out her stuff! She has an ace mix of photography, illustration and craft projects and tutorials and her blog is a treat for the eyes.

Now, to the questions....

card

What have been the doings/makings/scribblings at your desk/making table in the last week?

I've got a few different projects on the go at the moment - although most of them are 'in progress' and yet to be completed.

I've been playing around with watercolour a lot lately and have made a couple of cards for friends and family in the past week. And I've also got a couple of knitting projects on the go - one is a present, so I can't share it yet, and the other is a cardigan for me. I'm knitting it as one piece on circular needles which is a first. I hope it turns out ok...

brighton

Where are you currently finding you inspiration? 

I get a lot of inspiration when I'm out and about - I always try to take my camera, and sometimes a sketchbook, on day trips and outings to capture the things I see.

There's also a lot of inspiration right on my doorstep. The photos above were taken yesterday on a lazy Sunday stroll around Brighton.

And like a lot of people, I tend to have a have a look at Pinterest most days. It's a great place to collate inspiring images and ideas.

day 13-18

How important is being creative to you and how do you blend this with your work/life/family balance?

My 'day job' is in digital design so creative projects are a big part of my life. Having said that, the type of projects I work on in my spare time and showcase on my blog allow for a different kind of creativity to my professional work. The projects I work on in my free time are more hand-crafted and tactile, such as knitting projects, drawing, painting, or collage.

Finding time to make and create is something I sometimes struggle to fit in these days, but setting myself mini-projects to fit around the rest of my life like this drawing challenge are a good way to encourage myself.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That's enough about me. Here are some blogs I would recommend you hop over to next, all from lovely people I have the pleasure of knowing in person:

What you sow - This is a delightful blog is run by Lyndsey and is full of gardening and craft-related inspiration and tips. Lyndsey takes beautiful photos and shares a whole host of ideas and projects that will make you want to get creative both indoors and out.

Peggy Jobbins Thrift Mistress - This is a fairly new blog from Hannah, and I've been really enjoying having a read. It's a lovely mixture of thrifted finds, craft projects and stories from nice outings around Sussex, and beyond.

Stitch & Crumb - Alison's blog is a feast for the eyes, and is full of great photography, stories from her travels and time living abroad, cookery and craft projects. I've been really enjoying delving into it recently.

Emiliabird - Another treat of a blog from a pal of mine. Emily is an extremely talented knitter and dressmaker and shares lots of her lovely projects on her blog. She even set herself the challenge one year of not buying, but making all her clothes. Lovely stuff.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Happy hopping!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Thank you for this mention dear, and thank you for these links to blogs i never knew about - Hannah and Alison! I am enjoying blog hopping. And hopefully I will be back to some posts of my own before too long. xx

Ceased said...

Thank you for sharing such fabulous work with us... I will visit these all resources and will share with my friends as well.... Thank You for your Precious time...Hoping many many more more are coming on this blog for craft loving people... Thank You for sharing again...