Friday, 28 January 2011
adventures in sock making
This is the result of my first attempt to knit in the round. Semi-successful: warm but wonky.
I started these socks in December, but after knitting the first one I decided that I wanted to make another pair for Danni, so I interrupted the project in order to finish the second pair in time for Christmas. This might have been a bit of an error as once I returned to my initial pair I must have been more relaxed with my stitching (less tense = less tension) and ended up knitting a much wider sock. So now I have one sock that fits me, and one sock that would be more suitable for bigfoot.
I will continue to wear them though. To protect my toes from frostbite. And maybe next time I'll make a neater pair of socks. I just bought this book which I hope will be a big help in refining my skills.